Register with the Royal Customs and Excise Department (RCED)
Any company who wishes to engage in importing or exporting or transiting goods in Brunei Darussalam or appoint a Customs Agent (Forwarder) must be
registered with the RCED.
Individual person who wishes to engage in importing or exporting or transiting goods in Brunei Darussalam is
not compulsory to be registered with the RCED. However, you are advised to make use of the services of
Customs Agents (Forwarders).
Customs Agents (Forwarders) must be registered to the RCED and undergo approval process in order to be given a license to operate as a Customs Agents (Forwarder).
- Where can applicants register?
- An applicant can submit a one-time registration form online through the
Brunei Darussalam National Single Window (BDNSW)
- Alternatively, an applicant may also submit a completed
Registration Form and
Declarant Form via email
- If applicant want to appoint a Customs Agent (Forwarder), you must also submit an
- An applicant who wanted to submit their application by themselves may also submit the Forms directly to the
Customer Services Counter of RCED Headquarters, Jalan Menteri Besar.
- Once application is approved, applicant has been registered and will be given User ID and Password to access the BDNSW.
- How much does registration cost?
free of charge.
- What are the documents needed for registration?
- A copy of Business Certificate of Registration or Certificate of Incorporation
- A copy of Business Owner’s Smart Identity Card.
- A copy of each Company Partnership’s Smart Identity Card (for Company)