Claiming Preferential Tariff Treatment
Preferential Tariff can be given to importers based on obligations under Free Trade Agreements.
- How do I claim preferential tariff treatment?
Depending on the Free Trade Agreement, you should support your claim with:
- Preferential Certificate of Origin (CO) endorsed by Certificate of Origin Office, Department of Trade Development Facilitation and Promotion Department, Ministry of Finance and Economy; or
- Self-certification documents by the exporter, producer or importer, registered with the Competent Authority of the exporting country.
- Where should I submit the supporting documents to?
Please submit the supporting documents together with Customs Declaration to:
Business Support Centre
Royal Customs and Excise Department
Design & Technology (D&T) Building
Bandar Seri Begawan BB3713
Negara Brunei Darussalam
Telephone: (673) 2382333 / 2382361
Fax: (673) 2382666
- How do I know preferential tariff treatment for my goods?
It will be based on Free Trade Agreements signed by Government of His Majesty the Sultan as follows: